Length of Assignment
Length of election judge assignments range from one day to five weeks, starting as early as the end of September through Election Day.
Are you interested in being part of the Elections Team responsible for making every vote count in El Paso County?
By becoming an election judge for an election, you learn about the elections process, and are a vital part of continuing the legacy of free and fair elections in El Paso County.
Contact your respective party to learn more, or call us with questions.
(719) 575-VOTE (8683).
El Paso County Elections Department | Angie Leath, Director of Elections
Office of the clerk & Recorder, Chuck broerman
Ballot Processing Judge Positions
- Ballot sorting, time/date stamping, and opening
Scan Only/Signature Verification
- Scanning undelivered ballots
- Scanning ballot envelopes into computer system identifying those needing additional attention
- Comparing signature on ballot envelope with voter’s signature on file
- Identifying signature discrepancies
- Removal of ballots from envelope and secrecy sleeve as well as removal of ballot stub
- Ensuring there are no major tears and/or blemishes on ballots that would hinder the
Voter Service and Polling Center Judge
Assist in daily operations of Voter Service and Polling Center(s), including registering voters,
voter address changes, issuing ballots, instructing voters to complete and sign applicable forms,
and comply with election laws and rules
Phone Bank Representative
Provide customer service and information to voters by responding to routine inbound phone
Data Entry Clerk
Provide administrative data entry support to the Elections Department through the statewide database ensuring accuracy and adhering to department rules and regulations
Collect ballots from secure 24/7 drop-off locations and Voter Service and Polling Centers
Outdoor Ballot Box Attendant/Curbside Judge
Assist in the orderly voter flow at 24/7 secure ballot drop-off locations on Election Day
Election Judges are paid an hourly wage above minimum wage (usually $10.50 per hour)